Have a few questions about our organization, team, and/or work?
What are the technology and system requirements for the NLC?
In general these are the minimum system requirements that we would consider necessary to enable you to participate in the course effectively.
- A computer or mobile device running a current operating system that supports any modern browsers, including the latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Access to the Internet. High speed access is recommended.
- An up-to-date browser with Cookies enabled.
What else will I need?
We use several online programs to enhance our blended learning coursework. Once you have been accepted into the course our facilitators will add you to each of the following programs:
- Moodle Workspace– This is our Learning Management System and the home for the program content. Login here to see the course syllabus, handouts, resources, turn-in assignments and join the live classes.
- Slack – This is our learning community hub. This is where you can share ideas with one another, ask questions, access tech support and connect with subject matter experts!
- Zoom – This is where we host intensive webinars or live classes. Please note, you’ll have your orientation with the Experience Assistant using zoom! You will not need a Zoom account, although we do recommend downloading the desktop application or an app for your mobile device.
What courses are available for managers to take in the National Learning Community (NLC) for HIV CBO Leadership?
Click here to see a course listing outline
Do I need to attend a live orientation to join the NLC?
The live orientation sessions are available for managers to learn more about the NLC, ask questions, and connect with fellow leaders.
Do I need to have years of experience as a manager to join the NLC?
You need to identify as a mid or senior level manager at your organization/program.
Are the NLC courses for experienced managers?
No, our courses are for managers who identify as mid to senior level managers who want to build their capacity as a leader.
Is there a time limit to complete the courses?
There is no time limit to complete courses. Our learning management system will keep track of your completed work so you can start, pause, and complete as your schedule allows.
If you are looking to be part of a Creative Problem-Solving Intensive cohort, there will be a deadline when the foundational courses must be completed.
I am interested in joining the Capacity for Health team, how can I find more information?
Capacity for Health is a project of the Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum, if you are interested in joining our team please visit our organization website apiahf.org!