Thank you for your interest in Capacity for Health’s online learning community!
The National Learning Community for HIV CBO Leadership offers:
- A catalog of self-paced short courses designed by and for CBO managers in partnership with CDC
- An expert-led, distance-based Creative Problem-Solving Intensive
- Up to 3 hours of free coaching from a Sustainability coach and access to an exclusive online community of peers, coaches, and mentors in the HIV prevention workforce
We will work with you to customize your learning pathway based on your unique needs!
Our foundational courses provide the flexibility to fit any schedule. Each course is 30-40 minutes, so you can squeeze them in between meetings or power through several courses in one day. The foundational track includes courses to orient you and help you get your footing, followed by courses that will pump up your performance in three core management domains: Managing People, Managing Programs, and Managing Organizations.
Upon completion of the foundational courses, you will earn a Certificate in HIV Program Foundations and be eligible to participate in the Creative Problem-Solving Intensive.
Creative Problem-Solving Intensive
HIV treatment and prevention is a constantly changing field. Keeping up with the field requires continuous quality improvement, especially when you want to sustain your people, programs, and organization through change. Creative Problem-Solving can help. In this six-week program, you will be matched with a cohort of CDC-funded CBO managers from across the country to learn and practice methods to accelerate organizational change. In this course, Creative Problem-Solvers will:
- Identify a major sustainability problem facing your agency
- Collaborate weekly via 1-hour video conferences facilitated by expert faculty
- Learn and practice a rigorous, data-driven Creative Problem-Solving method
- Co-design a tailored implementation plan that addresses your sustainability problem
- Present your implementation plan to a virtual audience of CBO leaders, technical assistance providers, and subject matter experts
- Receive one-on-one coaching and referrals to regional technical assistance to support implementation
Graduates from the Creative Problem-Solving Intensive will earn an Advanced Certificate in HIV Program Innovation.
After completing the foundational track, you can grow your toolkit with our catalog of supplemental courses. We understand that each organization and leader faces unique needs. These courses offer a deep-dive into specific technical and emerging content areas within the three core domains: Managing People, Managing Programs, and Managing Organizations.
Benefits, Badges & Certificates
Even though our courses are short and flexible to fit your schedule, it still takes work to finish a task in today’s busy climate. That’s why we acknowledge your accomplishments with specialized badges and certificates that can be listed on your CV/resume and posted on your LinkedIn profile
- LinkedIn Badges: Learners will earn badges that can be posted on their LinkedIn profile
- Coaching: Learners will earn up to 3 hours of one-on-one coaching sessions with a certified coach
- LinkedIn Certificates: When you do a deep dive, we applaud your efforts! You’ll earn a certificate that can be posted on your LinkedIn profile
- Complete the Creative Problem-Solving Accelerator, earn an Advanced Certificate in HIV Program Innovation
Capacity Building Assistance for High-Impact HIV Prevention
Capacity for Health is one of 17 organizations awarded a grant under the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) new program, PS19-1904: Capacity Building Assistance for High-Impact HIV Prevention Program Integration. The program supports the federal initiative, Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America. Capacity for Health is Component 3 of the CBA Provider Network funded under this program.